Please find attached the NJDOH Influenza and Respiratory Illness Surveillance Report, Week ending October 29, 2022 (MMWR week 43) for the 2022-2023 season.
· Influenza activity level is moderate statewide
· Emergency Department visits and outpatient provider visits associated with influenza-like illness are higher than last week & higher than this week last year
· There have been no confirmed influenza-associated pediatric deaths reported this season
· There has been 1 outbreak (influenza) reported from Long-term Care Facilities this season
· Positive influenza results continue to be reported: influenza A (subtyping not performed) at 63.58%, followed by A(H3N2) at 31.09%, A (H1N1)pdm09 at 4.43%, and B at 0.90%
· Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) tests performed and percent positivity are increasing and are above the 5-year average
All reports (current and archived) can be accessed online at: http://www.nj.gov/health/cd/statistics/flu-stats/index.shtml
Please contact the Influenza and Respiratory Illness team at InfluenzaAdvisoryGroup@doh.nj.gov or 609-826-5964 with questions.
This information has been broadcast to: Day Care Centers / Preschools; School Administrators; School Nurses; Educational Institutions; Community Health Centers (FQHCs); Long-term Care; Health Care Facilities / Other; Health Care Organizations; Health Care Providers; Hospital Staff Directory; Hospital CEOs; Hospital Emerg Preparedness Coords; Hospital ER Medical Directors; Hospital Infection Control Practitioners; Hospital Medical Directors; Hospital Nursing Directors; Hospital Patient Safety Liaisons; Hospital Quality Liaisons; Hospital Security Directors; ICU Administrator; Lab Director; Hospitals / Acute Care; Hospitals / Other; Hospitals / Veterans; Labs / Non-Sentinel; Labs / Sentinel; Occupational Health Organizations; Local Boards of Health; NJDOH Staff; NJLINCS and Local Contacts; NJLINCS Community; Public Health Associations; Public Health Council; Public Health Sector